Sunday 19 September 2010

Sketch book Project

A quick post to let you know about my future project...as the writing seems to have come to a messy standstill. My boyfriend recently told me about this website http://arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject . The basis is you pick a theme and they send you a sketch book and away you go! You do not have to stick rigidly to it nor do you have to draw neccessarily, so for me this is kind of perfect. I picked 'The greatest story ever told' and will be experimenting with voice and narrative in a diary esque style throughout (atleast that's the plan). If time allows I will also attempt to illustrate or photograph. For now, I think I am just a little bit shitting myself over the pressure of a whole book to fill. I will scan and upload entries as they happen if anyone out there is interested! (They also offer a digitalising service at an extra $20 or $40 later, but I think that's a little too optimistic for me). So if you fancy it do! The books will tour cities in America and you will be notified when somebody reads it, all very exciting and good for the ego!

*Have now been informed this is a reference to the Bible. I feel very stupid but will continue regardless

No comments:

Post a Comment